At P. Photiou & Co Ltd., we can analyze your business and give you solid tax advice on how to reduce your tax burden, based on the extensive experience of our specialized tax advisers.
Based on this advice we can structure your business, and can even provide you with the necessary management and administration services, arranging office facilities, opening of bank accounts in Cyprus and abroad and make your taxes become more bearable.
When you set up a holding company in Cyprus you can benefit from the following features:
- Low corporation tax rate currently at 12.5%.
- Broad tax exemption system for dividends from overseas subsidiaries.
- Extensive double tax treaties network with more than 60 countries.
- Exemption from withholding tax on the distribution of income both of dividends, interest and on almost all royalties to foreign shareholders.
- General tax exemption for profits from the sale of securities
It is important to point out that if the management and control of Cyprus International Business Companies is exercised from Cyprus then they will be considered as tax residents of Cyprus and hence they will be eligible to utilize the tax incentives of the Cyprus taxation system and the concessions of the numerous double tax treaties that Cyprus has signed.
Appointing the majority of the Directors from Cyprus residents, can fulfill this requirement.
An individual is considered to be tax resident in Cyprus if he/she lives in Cyprus for a cumulative period exceeding in total 183 days per fiscal year.